6.22.2006

Brazil vs. Australia

I took a night train after the USA-Italy match back to Munich and got back into Munich around 6am. I wish I could have taken a picture of everyone on the train. Everyone was conched out.
So, I crashed on the couch at Charlton's, didn't even take time to pull out the sofa bed. I woke up late in the afternoon, took my time, and eventually made it to the Allianz Arena in Munich for the Brazil vs. Australia match. I picked the Socceroos as the surprise team of the tournament, and before the end of the match, they actually led their group, with Brazil trailing in second.

Here are some pics of the very impressive stadium:



And my view from within the stadium:


The Australian contingent:


Here's the Brazil squad during warmups:


National anthems:


Kickoff:


After a Brazilian clearance:


The Australian fans en masse:


Team congratulations after Brazil's second goal:



Post-game:



The Australians aren't without their humor. The two guys in front of me brought along their buddy:


Again, proof I was there:


Post-match formalities:


All in all, I was very surprised at the Brazilian play. Against Croatia last week, they were pure magic. Even and uninspired Brazilian team beats a highly motivated Australian squad 2-0. I guess that says something, but I couldn't get over how the Brazilian side approached the game. There were certainly very exciting points in the match and yours truly missed the first while getting his $12 beer and french fries on. I made a quick dash right before the second half for concessions and missed Brazil's first goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home