6.09.2006

Surfing and Carbonated Apple Juice

The weather was unbelievable yesterday and Thomas was able to take a half day from work, so we met up in the Englischer Garten for lunch at a Biergarten next to the Chinesischer Turm (Chinese Tower). On my way into the park, I decided to stop by and check today's surf. That's right, you can surf in the park. The sign below tells you otherwise,

(Surfing and swimming forbidden. Risk of death and personal injury due to, among other things, water fixtures and dangerous currents.)

but these guys must not be able to read:


And I just thought these little guys were cute (guys can say cute, right?):


Here's a snapshot of a major part of the park with some of the city in the background:

For lunch: bratwurst, fried potatoes, and as far as mom is concerned, 1 liter of refreshingly carbonated apple juice:


Maybe it's because he's French that helps makes the resemblance, but does anybody else think that Thomas looks like a young Jean Reno:


By the way, that's the Chinese Tower in the background and if you're keeping score like a good American, the pic also gives you the final score for the the day: USA 2, France 1. Here are some other pics from the Biergarten:


And I was finally able to catch up with Charlton later on the day for dinner with a couple of his friends. Here's Charlton trying to work it for the cameras:


So, today is it. The kickoff of the World Cup. Those without tickets to the opening match, like moi, would be amiss not to watch the drama of the first match unfold at the Olympic Park where it'll be projected on a large screen for thousands to see. So, watch this space for some cool pics from the first match activities. Other than, today's second main objective, to Stacey's delight, is a haircut. I didn't listen when someone told me I should get one before I left :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, I TOLD you not to post that picture of me. It is terrible. I look better than that. I was just playing with the camera.
How could we lose the game today? I am so crushed!!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home