6.08.2006

Ladies and Germs, introducing Costa Rica

On my way back from the Allianz Arena (below) yesterday,


where I picked up the last lot of tickets I ordered, I passed through the Hauptbahnhof where I noticed a large presence of police and a smattering of Costa Rican fans. Turns out, I was passing through right as the Costa Rican national team was arriving in Munich (by bullet train) in advance of Friday's opener against Germany at the venue above. Here are the pics I was able get:



Admittedly, not the best quality, but you get the idea. I think I just got the back end of the line of players coming out.

Oh yeah, and one thing that's really cool about the Allianz Arena is that, depending on which home team is playing (both Bayern München and TSV 1860 München call the stadium home), the outside stadium shell is illuminated in either red or blue, the two team colors, respectively. Check it out:


Don't know if you can tell in this photo, but here's the Munich old townhall with a stage and screen being built up in front of it for the big outdoor public viewing of the opening match:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home