6.06.2006

Touchdown

My first day on the ground in Munich really didn't generate any exciting news. My flights were eventless (and I'm not complaining) and yesterday was a holiday here in the south, so the city was pretty dead with virtually everything closed. It also didn't help any that the weather royally sucked.

I was bound and determined to beat jet lag so I told my buddy Thomas to keep me awake at least until 9PM, at which point I would have been awake for a good solid 48 hours. But you need to go to bed when the locals do on the first day to get on the right schedule so you're not waking up at 2am looking to eat breakfast. So we grabbed lunch downtown and hit up a couple of cafes to catch up on what we've both been up to.

Today, I've got to go and beat down the people at T-Mobile for deactivating my German cell phone - haven't used it in 3 years - and purchase a BahnCard so I can get around by train a little cheaper than normal. Other than that, I've got to get some groceries and will probably go for a run later on today in the park - Englischer Garten, which is actually the largest city park in the world. Its paths will actually take you all the way north to the airport where there's a cool viewing station of the tarmac. So if you are an aviation freak like me and have a crap-ton of time, it might be worth checking out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home