10.16.2006

UGA versus Vanderbilt - Oct. 14th, 2006

I can handle a loss to Tennessee.

Every year Georgia has the same 3-game hurdle that defines their season. Tennessee, Florida, and either Auburn or LSU. I can't remember the last time we've beat all three in the same season. So, the loss to the Vols, even at home, was not a hard pill to swallow. If anything, it would provide for good entertainment the following weekend as we could watch the Dawgs take out their frustrations on a lowly 0-3 Commodore side. 40-3? 56-0? Not outside the realm of feasible for UGA, right? Try 24-22, Vandy. At home. Homecoming weekend.

I don't have much to say about it now, I've tried to detach myself emotionally from the rest of the season. Every first down, every positive yard, every complete pass for the rest of the season is a blessing, as far as I'm concerned. Losing to Vandy, something that hasn't happened in over ten years, should serve as a real gut-check for our squad. I'm sure there are a couple of staff members dusting off their resumes, too.

If you would have told any Dawg fan before the game that Vandy would leave Athens victorious, they'd've probably fallen out of their chairs, like Brian:



What?

1 Comments:

Blogger JDRichSLP said...

I'm with you all the way Paul. Brent and I were quite upset. I've offered extra credit points to my undergraduate class if they will attend the game this weekend, b/c I know the fans are going to be either quiet or absent, and I wanted to still try and support my DAWGS. At the end of the day, we knew it was going to be a rebuilding year. It just hurts.

You should let me know where you tailgate. Brent and I attend every game. -- See ya - Jess

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home